Purchasing, selling, mortgaging or leasing residential or commercial property is an important step.
Our Property Team takes the time to understand your needs and will guide you through the process to ensure the transaction runs as smoothly as possible.
We provide guidance in relation to:
We understand that buying or selling a property is a hugely significant life moment. We will explain the legal consequences of documents you will be asked to sign; we will ensure that you obtain a good and marketable title and we will see to it that the legal requirements of your lending institution are met so that funds can be drawn down.
We deal with the legal aspects and liaise with your other advisers (architects, engineers, financial advisers, estate agents, insurance brokers etc.).
Our commercial property expertise includes:
- Investment sales and purchases
- Property and development
- Property issues related to insolvency and corporate recovery
- Legal issues concerning property asset management
- Commercial leases and related landlord and tenant issues
Among the areas we cover are:
- Pre-Lease enquiries including investigation of title, services, easements rights and privileges, and planning matters
- Rent review provisions
- Statutory Rights – Right to Renew, Business Equity, Contracting out.
- Statutory Obligations
- Registration & Assignability of leases
- Guarantees & Collateral Warranties
This is a rapidly developing area of law. Thomas Barry & Company has developed its services to match.
Planning and Environmental law impacts on a wide variety of areas, including property acquisition, share and asset purchases, commercial activities, dispute resolutions, EU law and health and safety. Local authorities and the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) have extensive powers to grant or refuse planning permission or licences and to monitor compliance which they are increasingly prepared to exercise.
If you require advice on an area not listed, please Contact Us and we will happily assist you.
It is always advisable to seek early advice as limitation periods can apply.
Since 1991, we have expanded and developed our practice areas. Using this experience and expertise we provide a tailored and effective service to help you reach a successful conclusion.