At Thomas Barry & Company Solicitors, our experience also extends to additional areas of practice.
These services include:
Special commissions add spice to the Solicitor’s lot. This is where our hallmark confidentiality comes to the fore.
You may have something in relation to which you are unable or do not want to consult with your normal adviser. If so, we can help.
Examples of the work we have undertaken include:
- Auctions, purchases and tenders
- Acting for undisclosed principals
- Inspecting, acquiring, and disposing of foreign assets
- Purchases for museums and collectors
- Second opinions
- Genealogical assistance
Are you a sports person, club or organisation with a question regarding disciplinary procedures, contracts, sponsorship, injury or property? As a law practice involved in Sports Law, we have represented a wide variety of clients across a variety of sports including GAA, rugby, soccer, basketball and horse racing.
Sport is a passion. We make it our business to get to know our clients personally and gain a thorough understanding of their concerns so as to allow them perform to the best of their abilities and ensure they are as successful off the field as on it.
Our managing partner, Tom Barry, has been active in several sporting organisations in many capacities – player, mentor, administrator, draftsman, writer and adviser. He is a member of The Charted Institute of Arbitrators and currently serves on the Disputes Resolution Authority (DRA) established by the GAA in 2005.
Sports law crosses into many legal fields and can involve:
- Arbitration and Dispute resolution
- Contracts and Commercial Agreements
- Construction law
- Constitutions, rules and regulations
- Conveyancing & Property
- Disciplinary hearings
- Employment Law
- Intellectual property
- Image rights
Outstanding Recoveries have a major impact on an insurer’s bottom line.
With a track record that has seen us recover seven figure sums for insurers, Thomas Barry & Company has the experience, systems and know how to make the difference.
We aim to win and retain business on the basis of standards and performance which helps insurers:
- Significantly increase profitability
- Save overhead
- Radically increase file closure and settlements figures
- Re-instate no claims bonuses with knock on benefits for the customer relationship
Thomas Barry & Company Solicitors provide Commissioner for Oaths services.
A Commissioner for Oaths is a person authorised to verify affidavits, which are statements in writing and on oath, and other legal documents. Commissioners for Oaths are appointed by the Chief Justice of Ireland. The essential functions of a Commissioner for Oaths are:
- to make sure that the evidence in question is in written form
- to establish that the person before him/her has read the draft affidavit and fully understands the contents
- to require the person to swear that the affidavit is true by raising the appropriate Testament in the right hand and repeating the words of the oath
- to verify that the affidavit was properly sworn by completing a “jurat” on the affidavit.
You will be required to provide evidence of your identity to the Commissioner for Oaths so please bring a standard form of photographic identification with you such as a passport or driving licence and a recent utility bill with your name and address.
Legal Services from Dublin Solicitors
Since 1991, Thomas Barry & Company Solicitors, Dublin have continued to expand and develop our practice areas. Using this experience and expertise we provide a tailored and effective service to help you reach a successful conclusion.