Vendor Documents Checklist

The checklist below sets out the documents required (in the majority of cases) to complete the sale of your property.  It is imperative you supply these to us as soon as possible so as to avoid delays in the conveyancing process and the sale of your property. Digitally scanned/photographs of documents sent by email are acceptable to get going but original hard copies should also be supplied.

  1. Authority to Thomas Barry & Co take up Title Deeds from Financial Institution – this is the document marked “Client Authority” and needs to be returned to us signed with any missing details filled in so we can access your title documents which is fundamental to starting the conveyancing process.
  2. Local Property Tax – The “Property History Details” page (specifically this page and not any other page from the website) is required for the sale. To obtain this for your property, go to, login and print in landscape format.  If you do not currently have a property id and need to request one, go to and enter your PPSN at the bottom of the page.
  3. For properties owned between 2009 – 2013, an NPPR (Non Principal Private Residence) certificate of discharge OR exemption is To obtain yours, email your local authority with your NPPR Account Reference Code and property address to request a cert.  If you don’t know your Account Reference code, go to http://  and click on “Lost Account Ref” and follow the instructions on the site.
  4. A copy of your State Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate/Divorce Decree/Death Certificate (as applicable). If you need to apply for one, go to:
  5. BER certificate and advisory report for the property. It is compulsory (with some limited exceptions) to supply a BER Certificate and Report when selling a home.  See
  6. Planning documentation. Usually one of 1, 2 or 3 or 4 is required.
    1. No Developments since property acquired – declaration to be signed by you. If applicable Thomas Barry & Co will draft.
    2. Development exempt from planning e.g., small back extension/attic conversion – Declaration from Professional (Engineer/Architect) confirming that development is exempt from planning and in conformity with building regulation
    3. Development that required Planning Permission – Copy of Planning Permission and Professional’s Certificate of Compliance with Planning Permission and Building Regulations.
    4. Certificate from Professional setting out position e.g. that although planning permission was required it was not obtained and by virtue of the fact the development is in situ in excess of X years the local authority is precluded from issuing enforcement proceedings.
  7. ‘Know Your Client’ identification documentation.
  8. Terms of engagement signed. The Terms of Engagement document is attached to this email – please read, sign and return to us.  We need this in order to be able to proceed with the sale.
  9. If your property is part of a larger complex and has a Property Management Company overseeing it, please forward the name, address, phone no and email of same.
  10. If a Service Charge is paid on the property, please send an up to date Service Charge receipt
  11. Land Registry Compliant map (if applicable). Your property title documents are registered either in the Registry of Deeds, or in the Land Registry.  Where they are registered in the Registry of Deeds, a Land Registry Compliant Map is required.  To check, and also apply for a map where needed, go to
  12. Location map with property in sale outlined in red to enable application be made for letter from local authority confirming roads and services are in charge. This is just a general map – or other service can be used to obtain.