Solicitors are very busy between Contract and Closing. Much of the work you will not see. Among the matters we attend to are:
- Preparing and negotiating the final form the transfer documentation, including the Deed, certificates and declarations, will take.
- Corresponding with your lender including sending a professional undertaking to the lender to furnish the deeds, when they have been stamped and registered, and to certify the title as a good marketable.
- Complying with the lender’s legal requirements to allow drawdown of funds
- Obtaining proof of payment of property and household taxes.
- Liaising with the seller’s solicitor and you to agree a closing date
- Arranging for closing searches